Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Giddy-up, horsey!"

May 13, 2009
Today I was supposed to leave at 6 a.m. to fly to Amy's for a few days and to see her spring concert. I am (still) so excited to be flying out of Muscle Shoals; even more so since the morning flights were cancelled because of weather. If I had been in Huntsville, I would have just had to sit in the airport all day. Since it was Muscle Shoals, I was able to go with Becky, Maddox and Lucy to a little traveling zoo that was set up in Big Lots parking lot under a tent.

We met for lunch and then took the babies to the (free!) zoo. Maddox and Lucy had such fun riding on the little horses (not free). Because Maddox is so accepting of anyone holding him/helping him, I was able to take these few pictures of their first horseback ride.

We had fun looking at the two monkeys (other than the two we brought with us), the baby lion (just 9 weeks old and so cute!), a BIG lion, a camel, lots of goats, some llamas, and a HUGE snake (didn't look at that one long!).

A fun outing before heading back to the airport and successfully taking off for Amy's at 4:30 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment