Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fun in the pool at Grammy's

June 8, 2009 "Is it a bird?" asks Grammy. "No," says Maddox, pointing to the sky. "A plane?" "No, no," says the boy, continuing to point, getting the tinest bit impatient with me. Nothing would do but I go stand beside him to see what he was so fascinated with in the sky.
"YES! It's the MOON!" Although it was just barely after 5 p.m., the moon was clearly visible. Maddox was so proud when I finally came out beside him to see what he was seeing in the sky. When I saw it and said, "Oh, that's the moon", he was so happy.............nodding so big and grinning from ear to ear.

While Maddox and I were star gazing, Lucy quietly slipped into the pool, clothes and all. She was "standing" by the side of the pool, splashing with her hands. I guess it felt so good she decided she'd get in. I watched her very deliberately step in, one foot at a time. When she saw I was watching her, she grinned the cutest and most innocent grin you've every seen.


Didn't take Maddox long to join her. This was a very impromptu swim; fact is, Grammy was the last to know! We had been swimming earlier and I thought we were through for the day. Shows you what I know!



"This is the way you swim, Lucy"


Under the slide/"bridge"


Around and around she goes......following the leader.













Lucy caught onto this game quickly; what fun!






This was bound to happen; a traffic jam in the "tunnel"









No comments:

Post a Comment